Type road: Asphalt, cement, gravel
Departure Arrival: Aquae Sinis – Albergo Diffuso
Download the road book of route 5
- Departing from Aquae Sinis Hotel continue straight, leaving Santa Maria Assunta church on the right .
- Cross Piazza Stagno and take viale Republica.
- At the end of the avenue cross the wooden bridge on Rio Tanui.
- Arrived to the landing of the boats of CabrasPond : “Su Scaiu”, turn left.
- Reached via Tharros, turn left and continue right leaving Civic Museum of Cabras on the right
- At the junction forTorre Grande / Oristano / S. Giovanni, turn right.
- At the first bridge, turn left onto the dirt path up to the Peschiera Mar’e Pontis
- Cross the small bridge up to the square ( St. Vincent Church – XVII century)
- Cross the bridge, take the excavated path and continue up to the sheepfold
- Continue on the left and coast along the channel up to the asphalted road SP6
- Turn left and cross the bridge on Scolmatore Channel.
- Cross the SP6 along Aqua Urchi swamp
- Turn right on a dirt path and continue right up to the village of San Salvatore.
- From the Village of San Salvatore take the SP7 and turn left.
- At the intersection turn left direction Cabras up to the first excavated platform
- Turn right on the excavated path and cross it all
- Before reaching the handling turn right, cross the path up to the second intersection
- Hold left then the right and continue up to the asphalted road SP6.
- Turn left in direction San Giovanni
- At this point, proceed south to the central square of the town where you can visit San Giovanni Sinis Church.
- Immediately after the church turn left to reach, beyond the short dirt road that runs alongside, the concrete road
- At this point the route continues south to get, after a short climb, the ancient Phoenician – Punic and Roman site of Tharros.
- Take the asphalted road SP6 in order to go back towards San Giovanni until the Maimoni junction and turn left onto a paved uphill.
- Over the hill and at the end of the asphaltated road , turn left onto an uphill dirt path towards Turr’e Seu Oasis .
- Proceed straight towards the end of the descent and and then turn right into a sandy path which leads to Maimoni beach.
- Reached the second junction before the second restaurant, turn right towards a hill
- Go straight leaving the following path on the right.
- Turn left at the next intersection and proceed north for a dirt path.
- Arriving at the next intersection, turn right onto a slope that will lead you to the hill of Su Pranu.
- Descent overview with the Mistras Pond in front of you.
- Continuing on the main path, you get to face a descent to go very carefully.
- After the descent, turn left before the building on your right.
- Go straight leaving the first crossroad on and turning to the next left, until you get to the asphalted road SP7.
- Turn left on the road SP7.
- Go strait until the junction for Is Aruttas/Mari Ermi.
- Turn right on the excavated road
- Cross the excavated road up to the Scolmatore Channel therefore turn right.
- Continue up to the Provincial SP6 and turn right
- Cross the bridge on Scolmatore Channel and cross the SP6 up to the second bridge
- Cross it and turn left on a dirt path.
- Continue coasting along Cabras Pond up to the end of the path.
- Take the SP6 and turn left
- At the crossroads turn left in direction Cabras
- Take Via Tharros, cross the bridge on Riu Tanui and turn left at via Tola,
- Continue right in Via Torino, cross Piazza Stagno and reenter the hotel.