Distance: 31,803 Km
Type road: Asphalt, cement, gravel
Departure Arrival:Aquae Sinis – Albergo Diffuso
Download the road book of route 7
- Starting from Aquae Sinis Hotel , located in in Via cesare Battisti 44, turn right and then left, go straight, leaving St. Maria Assunta Church on your right .
- Continuing south in Piazza Stagno going straight, you get into Viale Republica.
- You cross the wooden bridge over Rio Tanui.
- Arrived to the landing of the boats of Cabras Pond: “Su Scaiu”, turn left and continue straight reaching Via Tharros.
- From here, turn left and continue straight towards the south, leaving Cabras Museum on the right .
- You reach the junction for Torre Grande / Oristano / San Giovanni. At the crossroads turn right towards the village of San Giovanni Sins.
- At the first bridge, turn left and walk along a dirt track.
- After exploring the renowned fishpond you cross a small bridge to arrive to the large asphalted square where you find the XVII century small church of San Vincenzo.
- From here, turn left on the dirt track, after skirting a sheepfold, leading to the floodway channel
- Continuing on the right, you get to the asphalted road and then turn left and cross the floodway channel.
- From the paved road , continue turning left on the road No. 6 to San Giovanni and after skirting the Aqua Urchi swamp, turn right on a dirt path.
- Continuing straight you reach the village of San Salvatore.
- Once in San Salvatore go left until you reach the road No. 7 and turn right
- Continuing straight you arrive to the junction for Is Aruttas / Mari Ermi.
- You continue to go straight.
- Arrived at the fork to Bachile Bertula, turn right onto a dirt road that runs along Cabras Pond , on your right.
- Continue along rights the main dirt road, keep your right up to the next intersection.
- Continue straight to the intersection that meets the paved road (S.P. n ° 66).
- From here, turn right and go straight on to the roundabout.
- At the roundabout turn right and past the petrol station
- Cross the bridge over Rio Mare Foghe.
- We enter the village of Riola Sardo and at the intersection turn right to Cabras in Via Sant’Antonia.
- After Via Sant’Antonia, turn right and take S.P. No. 58 Cabras *
- Follow this paved road, leaving Cabras Pond on your right.
- Reached a large bend, you find , on your right, a swampy area, , right on the edge of the paved road.
- When you find the second dirt track, you turn right, leaving behind the wetland.
- Go on crossing rights the main path up to a fork.
- From here, turn right and go back for a short stretch of trail.
- At the next junction turn left and drive along the shores of Pauli e Sali lagoon .
- At the end of the coastal road , continue on the main trail to the south, leaving various intersections on the left.
- Arrived at the pitch found at the start, continue straight on Via Messina and then turn right into Via Cesare Battisti up to Aquae Sinis Hotel.
* OVERVIEW VARIANT
- you meet a wide asphalted area and turn right.
- Go along the road partly paved and partly dirt
- At the fork, turn right and go along Riu de Mare Foghe.
- Passing through the main path , go back to the paved road and here turn right .
- Continuing straight, just after the bridge, turn right onto a dirt road that will take you to the fish pond : Pischeredda.
- Left Pischeredda on your right , turn left and drive along Cabras Pond.
- Continue straight on the main dirt road and turn right into the asphalted road to Cabras.